In 1999, at the New Attitude conference, C.J. Mahaney preached a message on Legalism. He gave 7 "evidences" of legalism in our lives. I encourage you to get the message and listen to it yourself, but here are the evidences:
1. You are more aware of and affected by your past sin than you are of the finished work of Christ.
2. You are more aware of areas you need to grow than you are of the cross.
3. You live thinking, feeling, and believing that God is disappointed with you.
4. You assume His acceptance of you is based on your obedience.
5. You consistently experience condemnation.
6. You have an undue concern of what others think.
7. You lack joy.