Thursday, January 22, 2009

Making Abortion Unthinkable

I'm not sure where I picked up the phrase, "making abortion unthinkable," but I've been praying for that to happen for several years now (If I had to guess, I probably heard John Piper use that phrase).

Today is the anniversary of Roe vs. Wade. Since that decision in 1973, Americans have killed over 46 million children.

Jonathan Brooks gave a great illustration Sunday to help us visualize just how many people that is. If average size people held hands, there would be a line of people from NC to California, 13 rows deep.

Please pray with me today that God would indeed make abortion unthinkable in our land.

Additional notes:
If you have had an abortion or paid for an abortion or encouraged an abortion, please know that the gospel is glorious enough to include you. Christ died for sinners. If you will repent of your sin and trust fully in Jesus Christ, He will cleanse you and make you His child.

Ligonier is broadcasting some RC Sproul messages on abortion today.

Justin Taylor shares Norma Mcorvey story (the "Jane Roe" of Roe v. Wade).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How America views abortion saddens me beyond words. Thank you for encouraging us to pray.