Tuesday, December 26, 2006

My Favorite Week of the Year

Over the past couple of years I have decided that the week between Christmas and January 1 is my favorite week. There is just something about this week that invigorates me. Here are some of the reasons why:

1. The chance to look back on the year and thank God for His many mercies.
2. The chance to look ahead and make some fresh committments and adjustments to my life. I am still old school and think New Year's resolutions are good and healthy.
3. The slow pace. Unless you work in the retail business, this has to be the slowest week of the year. No one is in a hurry to do anything. Many people are off work visiting with family. Others are taking down Christmas decorations.
4. The leftovers!

2 comments:

22One7.org said...

This is also our favorite week. We took up the tradition of journaling prayer on New Year's Eve to thank God for the year past and anticipate the year He has for us ahead. After a crazy Christmas season and the tour de Holiday parties, as you arrive safely to December 26th you feel as if you have won some small victory.

I have a number 5. No traffic. No one is commuting to work and we got downtown to the baby doctor in a 1/3 of the time this morning. Fabulous.

The Taras' said...

6. After Christmas sales!!!!