Thursday, December 27, 2012

Brothers, We are Still Not Professionals

John Piper's book, Brothers, We are Not Professionals, has long been one of my favorite books on pastoral ministry. So, I was glad to see that Desiring God has recently put together an ebook as an extension to it: Still Not Professionals. It has contributions from some of my favorite pastors. And, its free!

Here is a quote from the first chapter (by Piper) that has me abiding in Christ as I prepare today for Sunday's sermon:

"Ministry is discovering how to live happily in the all-accomplishing hands of the risen Christ.This is a plea for pastors to put the presence of the Holy Spirit, and the power of Christ-exalting truth, and the purity of holy living, above the pragmatic considerations of organization, and above our concerns with compelling style."

No comments: