Monday, November 28, 2005

What a Great Sunday

Below is a newsletter article I wrote this morning for our church newsletter.

Never Forget!
I am sitting here on Monday morning thinking about what a great Sunday we enjoyed yesterday. I cannot think of a time where I have had more fun preaching God’s Word. It was not great because I was the preacher. It was great because God showed up and did so many things in our midst. Because of our tendency to forget the most important things in life, let me remind you of the main point from Sunday: “I am accepted by God not on the basis of my personal performance, but always, only, and ever on the basis of the perfect righteousness of Jesus Christ.” There is nothing I can do or say that will make God accept and forgive me. The only basis for God’s acceptance of us is the death of His Son. I love this gospel! I want to live in such a way as to make much of the God of this gospel. Take time today to thank Him for declaring you righteous on the basis of His Son.

CROSS-eyed,
Justin Childers

No comments: