I'm glad they let us know a week in advance, because we need that much time to prepare for such a treat.
I've been a Piper fan for over 10 years now. I've read everything he has put in print and am usually the first in line when he publishes a new book. I've got about 50 Piper books on my shelf(including those he has just contributed a chapter). Thus, it is with great joy that I offer these words of wisdom to those who NEED to build their Piper Library.
I've included links to WTS books. Just look at some of the retail prices for these books and you will begin to appriciate how much of a discount DG is offering.
Most Challenging Book I've Every Read:
Books for Pastors (gift ideas for your pastor. Wait. If your pastor does not already own these books, find a new church. Of course, I am only partly kidding.):
3. Feed My Sheep (with others)
4. Preaching The Cross (with others)
The Swans Are Not Silent Series (Biographies):
1. The Legacy of Sovereign Joy (Augustine, Luther, Calvin)
2. The Hidden Smile of God (Bunyan, Cowper, Brainerd)
3. The Roots of Endurance (Newton, Simeon, Wilberforce)
4. Contending for Our All (Athanasius, Owen, Machen)
2. Life as a Vapor.
Small but Powerful:
More Difficult to Read:
1. The Justification of God (requires some knowledge of Greek).
Others you should read:
That is about 30 books. Just think, for $150 you could have a genuine Piper Library! I've probably paid twice that much over the last 10 years building my Piper Library.
- Christmas is just around the corner (isn't it always just around the corner?).
- Consider your church library. Don't have a church library? A Piper Library would be a good place to start!
- Friends don't let friends not read Piper!
- Why leave your kids an inheritance of money? They will just use it to add to their already extravagant lifestyle. Leave them a genuine Piper Library!