Sunday, July 01, 2007

125,000 God-centered Books

Desiring God has published the stats from the $5 sale last week. They sold over 125,000 books. They say that they broke even on the sale.

A couple thoughts:
1. I figured they would sell a ton more than that.
2. I bet they would have sold more if the rush had not caused the web site to be so slow. I talked to several friends who just didn't have the time to sit and wait. I had to get on at 6am in order to get my order placed.
3. There are gonna be 125,000 more Piper books in circulation. Let's pray that God uses them to bring a Great Awakening.
4. Other gospel-loving ministries need to step up to the plate. DG is setting the standard for radical generosity.

1 comment:

BoldLion said...

Wow! This is so awesome to hear this news! I am so thankful for the Lord for this.

In Christ Alone,
BoldLion