Let us learn from Paul that everything minus Christ is really nothing and Christ minus everything is really everything. Christ is more than enough.
In 1:3-8, Paul thanks God for the Philippians for 3 reasons:
1. Paul thanks God for them because of his own affections for them.
2. Paul thanks God for them because of their partnership in the gospel with him.
3. Paul thanks God for them because of God’s sovereign work in their lives and church.
- God is the sovereign initiator of His redemptive work ("He who began a good work in you...)
- God is the faithful completer of His redemptive work ("will bring it to completion").