Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Who is at the center?

Dave Harvey on struggling with selfish ambition:

"Earlier I mentioned my struggle with the wrong kinds of ambition. I call them "Davebitions." So often I'm Davebitious. I assume that my family would work much better if they all majored in Daveology. Friendships work best if they have a Davetistic bent. I believe many of life's misunderstandings could be cleared up with jus a few Daveological insights. Overall the world would be a better place if we could just celebrate an annual Davetoberfest.
I guess you can call me a Daveaholic. There, I've said it. I feel so much better."

Rescuing Ambition, pp. 37-38.

1 comment:

BoldLion said...

This is very interesting! I can't quite write down like that but can see that in me.

Hungry to eat His Word,
'Guerite ~ BoldLion