I had the opportunity to speak about the gospel to the volunteers at the Wilson Pregnancy Center last night. Here is some of what I talked about from 1 Cor. 15:1-5:
1. The Gospel is of first importance.
2. Christians need to be reminded of the Gospel. We never move beyond our need for the gospel.
3. The Gospel is what saves and sanctifies us.
4. The Gospel must be continually embraced. The Christian life is not about a one-time decision. It’s about a life-long pursuit of repenting of our sin and trusting in the Savior.
5. The Gospel is first and foremost about Jesus Christ. He is the hero of the Gospel.
Jesus is breathtakingly amazing, able, and awesome.
He is endlessly delightful, dependable, and dazzling.
He is forever fantastic, fabulous, and faithful.
He is powerfully invincible, incomparable, and irresistible.
He is wonderfully marvelous, matchless, and magnificent.
He is victoriously preeminent, perfect, and precious.
He is unfailingly sufficient, supreme, and sovereign.
Jesus is the greatest treasure in the entire universe. And He is the One who died for our sins.