- I have asked Christ to make me sensitive tomorrow to needs of people in the body who are hurting.
- I have solved the "Sunday clothes hassle" by making sure that what I will wear is ready today.
- I have spend time in confession so all will be right between myself and my Lord when we meet tomorrow.
- I have determined to get to bed early so I will be refreshed and ready for church tomorrow.
- I have planned on sustaining the delight of this time with Christ and his people by guarding against Sunday afternoon infringements.
- I have gotten up in plenty of time so I will not feel rushed.
- I have programmed my morning so I will not just arrive at church on time, but get there early.
- I have eaten a good breakfast, so an empty stomach will not detract from my worship.
- I have my Bible in hand plus a pen and paper for taking notes.
- I have left for church with a great sense of expectancy because I know Christ will be there.
Disciplines of a Godly Man, pp. 118-119.