- The mind is filled with the knowledge of God and fixed on what is good.
- The eyes turn away from sensuality and shudder at the sight of evil.
- The mouth tells the truth and refuses to gossip, slander, or speak what is coarse or obscene.
- The spirit is earnest, steadfast, and gentle.
- The heart is full of joy instead of hopelessness, patience instead of irritability, kindness instead of anger, humility instead of pride, and thankfulness instead of envy.
- The sexual organs are pure, being reserved for the privacy of marriage between one man and one woman.
- The feet move toward the lowly and away from senseless conflict, divisions, and wild parties.
- The hands are quick to help those in need and ready to fold in prayer.
Saturday, September 08, 2012
The Anatomy of Holiness
Kevin Deyoung's new book on holiness contains a helpful (Biblical) metaphor about what holiness looks like for the different parts of our body: