Loving the Weekender. Learning more in a weekend than 3 years in seminary. I'm more convinced than ever that theological training should be connected to the local church.
Anyway, today we:
1. Discussed the elder's meeting from Thursday night.
2. Reviewed the history and reformation of Capitol Hill Baptist.
4. Learned about the children's ministry, the small groups, discipling, the fantastic model of Sunday School called "core seminars", the responsiblility of churches to raise up the next generation of pastors, and how CHBC chooses elders.
5. Bought books.
7. Discussed service planning.
8. and Listened to Mark Dever discuss Calvinism, legalism, sanctification, and church membership with potential new CHBC members.
Wow. I'm trying to process it all and start again in the morning. Someone please remind me to tell you guys about some of the things Dever made sure the people knew about him before he came as the pastor here.