"In the week days, when thou risest in the morning, consider:
1. Thou must die.
2. Thou mayest die that minute.
3.What will become of thy soul. Pray often.
At night, consider:
1. What sins thou hast committed.
2. How often thou hast prayed.
3. What hath thy mind been bent upon.
4. What hath been thy dealing.
5. What thy conversation.
6. If thou callest to mind the errors of the day, sleep not without a confession to God, and a hope of pardon.
Thus every morning and evening make up thy accounts with Almighty God, and thy reckoning will be the less at last."