Wednesday, April 30, 2008

John 14:3: "...To Myself..."

We are memorizing John 14 together as a church. You can see our plan (1 verse a week) on our website.

I was struck a few weeks ago by something I had never seen in John 14:3:
"And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also."

Notice how Jesus saturated this verse is:
Who is going? Jesus
Who is preparing a place? Jesus
Who is coming again? Jesus
Who is taking us to himself? Jesus
Why is Jesus coming again to take us to himself? That we may be where He is.

Christian, what else matters today? Jesus is coming and Jesus WILL take us to himself. I don't care to be taken anywhere else. Jesus, just take me to where you are. Wherever you are is where I want to be.

Heaven is sweet because it is where Jesus is.

No comments: