Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Books I Picked Out for My Wife to Read in 2010

My wife is the most amazing woman on the planet. She serves me faithfully and does a fantastic job pointing our kids to Christ.
One of my favorite things about my wife is that she likes to read. Last year, I picked out 5 books for her to devote herself to reading during the year. It was a joy to see her reading each one and asking her what she was learning.

So I have done the same this year. Here are the 5 books I lovingly picked out for Jeanna to read in 2010 (3 of them made my top 5 books of 2009).

1. Knowing God by JI Packer
2. The Bookends of the Christian Life by Jerry Bridges
3. Gospel-Powered Parenting by William Farley
4. Adopted for Life by Russell Moore
5. Filling Up the Afflictions of Christ by John Piper

1 comment:

BoldLion said...

Wow! What a great list for her to read this coming year! I know that I had read one of them that is Knowing God my JI Packer. That is a wonderful great book to read!

I know that I would love to read The Bookends of the Christian Life by Jerry Bridges and Filling Up the Afflictions of Christ by John Piper.

Hungry to eat His Word,
'Guerite ~ BoldLion