We concluded our evangelism study on Sunday night with a brief look at 2 Corinthians 4. Here are 4 truths that should give us massive encouragement for evangelism:
1. Unbelievers have been blinded to Jesus (v. 4).
2. God opens eyes and makes people see Jesus (v. 6).
3. God uses the means of human proclamation to open eyes (v. 5).
4. God uses us because we are weak, not because we are strong (v. 7).
Then, I gave 10 suggestions for making evangelism part of our lifestyle.
1. Be hospitable to unbelievers.
2. Serve unbelievers in practical and unexpected ways.
3. Keep the importance of evangelism fresh in your heart.
4. Ask people how you can pray for them.
5. Plan to suffer with joy.
6. Invest in people (get to know them).
7. Invest in resources to give to unbelievers.
8. Invite unbelievers to church.
9. Frequent the same places in order to build relationships with the workers.
10. Be a student of the gospel.