Monday, June 26, 2006

Over-reaction

I've been listening to C.J. Mahaney's series called "The Idol Factory." In this series, C.J. seeks to help us to identify and detect the idols in our hearts. He clearly explains that an idol can be something totally good, which we want too much. As I'm listening, I'm resolving to do more work in detecting idolatry in myself, in those I counsel, and in the world.

Then, I get to work this morning and God gives me an easy one to start off with. Read this story and watch the video and see if you can detect any idolatry in this guy. There is nothing wrong with winning baseball games, but I think this may be a sign of desiring it too much.

Cnn.com has even better footage of this rampage called "Manager explodes on field." Sorry I don't know how to link to it but you can find it if you try.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

how do you know it's not the devil......I think it is, especially how crazy you sound.

Rob Tombrella said...

Awesome--Justin's finally exposed for the insanity of his thoughts.

pastor justin said...

I just love how all negative comments are from "anonymous."