Thursday, August 17, 2006

9 "Marks" of my ministry to students

Last night was my farewell message to my students. I wanted to remind them of all that I have labored to teach them from God's Word. I wanted to praise God for doing these things in our lives. I guess you can say these are the things I have emphasized over the past 2+ years.

9 Things I Hope God Has Taught You Through Me:

1. I hope I taught you that the God of the universe is stunningly beautiful and incomparable to everything else. He is the meaning of life and everything is meaningless apart from Him.

2. I hope I taught you that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and He is the only way we can find ourselves righteous before a holy God.

3. I hope I taught you that God does everything He does for His own glory and, therefore, we should do everything for His glory.

4. I hope I taught you that all of God’s good promises will come true, especially that He will cause everything to work for your good if you love Him and are called according to His purpose.

5. I hope I taught you that suffering and persecution are inevitable for a Christian and that the proper response to suffering is joy in Jesus.

6. I hope I taught you that the Word of God is more valuable than a 100 Million dollars and that we should read it, study it, talk about it, meditate on it, memorize it, and apply it to our lives.

7. I hope I taught you to be a “World Christian” – to order your life around God’s global purposes to make His name known among all the peoples of the world.

8. I hope I taught you John 15:5 – that apart from Jesus you can do nothing.

9. I hope I taught you that Jesus loves His Bride, the Church, and that we also are to be passionate about His Church.

3 comments:

Palmernate said...

Wonderful! Justin just from being with you as D-Now I know how much theose kids learned from you!!!

You are very blessed CBC Wilson!

I am just sad we won't see you in Frisco more often!!

Nate Palmer

ashley said...

hey justin. is there i way i can connect my blog to yours and other people's? with my xanga i can subscribe to friends' blogs and so their is a link to theirs from mine. can i do this on blogger?

ashley said...

I didnt find anything that says i could connect bloggers to one another so i just added to the template a section for links to friends' blogs. that way i wont have to save everyone's blog address in my favorites.