Saturday, February 23, 2008

All that is Gold Does Not Glitter: Pursuing Faithfulness

I finished reading Memoirs of an Ordinary Pastor just 24 hours after it landed on my front porch. I just couldn't put it down.
God is being kind to use it to help this 29 year old to think about what it means to be faithful to Christ for these next 40 years (if the Lord wills).
I don't want to be famous. I don't want to be the president of a denomination. I don't want to pastor a mega-church. I don't want to be rich. I simply want to be faithful. Faithful to my Savior. Faithful to my wife. Faithful to my children. Faithful to preach the Word. Faithful to share the gospel. Faitfhul to love my church.

Father, thank you for Jesus who makes possible the hope of hearing the words, "Well done, good and faithful servant; enter into the joy of your Master."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are good words, Justin. Thank you for sharing them with us.

Mark Redfern said...

May God raise up more men who desire such faithfulness.