Wow. An amazing Sunday at Christ Baptist with Dr. Sam Storms. In order to utilize him fully, I asked him to teach our Bible Study class before our regular service. I am so glad I did. He brought a word of counsel from Acts 20:17-38 to us. It was powerfully encouraging to a young church plant. I urge you to get and listen to the audio. Here were his points from Acts 20 as I wrote them down:
1. Cultivate a love for the gospel so deep and passionate that you value its proclaimation above your own life (20:24).
2. Never let anything get in the way of your committment to people (20:18, 20, 25, 31 - Paul lived among the people).
3. Do not shrink from declaring the whole counsel of God (20:20-21, 26). Sam gave 3 consequences of shrinking from declaring the whole counsel.
4. Avail yourself of the power of God's Word (20:32).
5. Meditate often on God's great love for the church (20:28). He purchased the church with the blood of His Own.
By the way, the message from Jude 24-25 was great as well ("Celebrating the God Who is Able"). The audio is available here.