Thursday, August 28, 2008

Fall Retreat

Please pray for me. My great family and my great church are allowing me to go on another personal retreat next week. I will be spending some time with the Savior and working on some upcoming projects.

Here are some of my goals:
-Evaluate my priorities and identify weaknesses in my life.
-Spend unhurried time in God’s presence and in His Word.
-Re-visit 2008-2009 preaching schedule and work on upcoming messages.
-Trace Jesus’ passion to obey the Father through John.
-Study and outline the book of Daniel.
-Write CBCW 2 year anniversary letter.
-Work on 2009 calendar for CBCW.
-Read.

Here are some of the books I'm taking along (plus commentaries):
For Refocusing on the Gospel: The Victory of the Lamb by Leahy
For Personal Evaluation: Ten Questions to Diagnose Your Spiritual Health by Whitney
For Growth in Pastoring: Spiritual Depression by Lloyd-Jones
For Growth in Biblical Knowledge: The Bible and The Future by Hoekema
For Marriage/Parenting Help: Instructing a Child’s Heart by Tripp

My plan is to take a Spring and a Fall retreat each year. On the Spring reteat I will focus particularly on preaching and being a godly husband. On the Fall retreat I will focus on pastoring and being a godly father. I need God's help.

No comments: