Sunday, January 11, 2009

John 15:10 - Memory Verse Meditations

John 15:10 – "If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commandments and abide in his love."

In verse 9, Jesus commanded us to abide in His love. In this verse, we are told how to abide in His love: by keeping His commandments. Jesus again compares our relationship with Him to His relationship with the Father. Jesus remains in His Father’s love by obedience to the Father’s desires. In the same way, we must obey Jesus in order to abide in His love. As we meditate on this truth, let’s rejoice that Jesus was completely obedient to the Father and that His obedience empowers our obedience.

1 comment:

The Taras' said...

I have been camped out in John 14-15 for the past few weeks. Its so amazing how much is packed in there on Christ's love for us!

I have been just having a desire to be faithful in all areas of my life- and feeling quite overwhelmed by all that needs to be changed. The Lord is so faithful! In studying these scriptures it all comes down to two things.

Love Him
Obey Him

WOW! He knows that my mind is so simple that I can get overwhelmed so easy- and here the Lord makes it so simple. Sarah, do these two things. Love me and Obey me!I also love Christ's response to the commandment of the Father.

"But that the world may know that I love the Father, and as the Father gave Me commandment, SO I DO...." (14:31)

This is what the Fathers says, so this is what I do, period! Man! I want to have that response always!!!