Monday, January 12, 2009

A Proverbs Driven Life

I really enjoyed reading A Proverbs Driven Life by Anthony Selvaggio. I had never heard of Selvaggio but when I saw the table of contents, I knew I wanted to read this book. Basically, Selvaggio organizes the book of Proverbs into a few major themes. He has chapters on the use of our tongue, Biblical work ethic, wealth, friends, marriage, and parenting. I could see this being a very helpful book for a preaching series on Proverbs.

The best thing about this book is that it is thouroughly Christ centered. Selvaggio shows how Jesus is the essence of wisdom and how His death is sufficient for our failures.


I would recommend this book and am looking forward to getting these books by Selvaggio:
-The Prophets Speak of Him: Encountering Jesus in the Minor Prophets

-The 24/7 Christian: Practical Help From the Book of James

No comments: