Thursday, May 14, 2009

Promises to those who believe

A few of the promises in the Gospel of John to those who believe in Jesus:

John 1:12: “to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God.”

John 3:16: “for God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.”

John 3:36: “Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.”

John 6:35: “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst.”

John 11:25-26: “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die.”

John 14:12: “Whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father.”

No comments: