Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Friend of Sinners

I surprised my daughter by getting her Noel Piper's new children's book: Do You Want a Friend? She loves books and I love getting her books that point to the Savior. This book walks through the qualities of a good friend and shows how Jesus fulfills each perfectly. There are 3 reasons I like this book:

1. The Scripture is quoted prominently. My daughter memorizes books. So, whenever a book contains exact quotes from the Bible, I know that it is going to be a means of getting the Word of God into her heart.

2. I love the diversity of the kids in the pictures.

3. The work of Christ on the Cross is central. Noel makes clear that Jesus can be a friend to sinners like us because He is first and foremost our Savior.

Got kids or grandkids? Do you Want a Friend? would be a great gift.

No comments: