Wednesday, September 23, 2009

15 Reasons I Love The Church

-She is Christ’s bride and body (Eph. 5:22-33).
-She was purchased by Christ’s own blood (Acts 20:28; Eph. 5:1; 25).
-She exists to glorify God (Eph. 3:10; 21).
-She provides accountability and encouragement for my family and I.
-She provides an opportunity to love and serve other sinners.
-She will kick me out if I live as an unbeliever.
-She provides the opportunity to utilize my spiritual gifts (1 Cor. 12, 14).
-She is the pillar and buttress of the truth (1 Tim. 3:13).
-She displays the manifold wisdom of God (Eph. 3:10).
-She is my eternal family (Eph. 2:19-22).
-She reminds me of the gospel.
-She is built by Christ Himself (Matt. 16:18).
-She will never be defeated (Matt. 16:18).
-She is the dwelling place of God (Eph. 2:22).
-She nourishes my soul with the Word.

Derek Thomas has a great post about Falling in Love with the Church -- again.

1 comment:

BoldLion said...

Thank you for sharing this with us! I agree with this!

Hungry to eat His Word,
'Guerite ~ BoldLion