Tuesday, February 16, 2010

To Be With Christ is Much Greater Better

In Philippians 1:23, Paul expresses his desire to depart from this life and be with Christ. The reason: because Christ is far better than anything or anyone.

Here is some of Spurgeon's meditation on this verse: “That bare thing, just to be with Christ is all the heaven a believer wants. The angels may be there or not, as they will, and the golden crowns and harps present or absent as may be, but if I am to be where Jesus is, I will find angels in his eyes, and crowns in every lock of his hair; to me the golden streets shall be my fellowship with him, and the harpings of the harpers shall be the sound of his voice. Only to be near him, to be with him — this is all we want. The apostle does not say, “to be in heaven, which is far better: “no, but, “to be with Christ; which is far better,” and he adds no description; he leaves the thoughts just as they are, in all their majestic simplicity. “To be with Christ; which is far better.”

1 comment:

BoldLion said...

Christ should be all I want. Yet, I do want to have something (such as a husband, better job and others) on earth and not putting Christ first in our life like I ought to. I need to focus more on Christ and not on the things of the world.

Without Christ, Heaven is nothing. We all need to be with Christ. I am looking forward to sit at His Feet and eating His Word.

Hungry to eat His Word,
'Guerite ~ BoldLion