Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My Hebrews Introduction

If I were writing a commentary on Hebrews, here would be my introduction:

1. We don't know who wrote Hebrews.
2. We don't know who Hebrews was written to.
3. We don't know when Hebrews was written.

So, let's get into the text and find out what Hebrews is about.

FYI - This is meant to be something of a joke for those who have ever read the introductory material in Hebrews commentaries. They go on for pages and pages of speculation and then make the conclusions I've listed above.

3 comments:

BoldLion said...

I am looking forward to learn a lot from you on Hebrews! What a wonderful book in the Bible too. Of course, all the books in the Bible is so wonderful too.

Praying for you as you are eating Hebrews!

Hungry to eat His Word,
'Guerite ~ BoldLion

Pastor Randy said...

I cast a vote for Luke as author....just for fun!

BoldLion said...

Randy, I can see why you would think that Luke did it since he wrote the book of Luke, Acts, and I think that he did help Paul to write his letters.

That is a very interesting thought though.

Only the Lord really does know who wrote it and when that was written and to who it is written for.

I know that I am looking forward to this in every way and learn a lot from Justin.

Hungry to eat His Word,
'Guerite ~ BoldLion