Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Best Graduation Gift

My neighbor graduated from High School a few weeks ago. I gave him a copy of John Piper's God is the Gospel as a graduation gift. Here is what I wrote to him:

Neighbor John,
Congratulations! High School is over! I know you are excited about what lies ahead. I'm confident God has good plans for you.

I know it doesn't seem like it now, but this book is the best graduation present you have received. It's not the best because your neighbor gave it to you. It's not the best because it is the most expensive. It's not the best because it's what you've always wanted. This book is the best present because the message it contains is the most important message in the world. This book is about a glorious God who has given us Himself in the person and work of Jesus Christ. No gift is more valuable than the gift of God Himself. I hope you will take time to read this book sometime soon. And I hope its message impacts your life as much as it has mine.

Thanks for being a great neighbor. Never hesitate to let us know if we can do anything for you.

Love,
Your Neighbors
Justin, Jeanna, Karis, Noah, and Calvin

No comments: