Wednesday, April 11, 2012

T4G 2012 Day 2

Day 2 has come and gone. And what a day it was. Today was a day of great fellowship for me. I was privileged to get to spend time with some great friends. I was particularly encouraged by my time with a friend from college.  Here are some of the other highlights:

1. The bookstore here is amazing. Lots of good books at fantastic prices.

2. David Platt is John Piper Jr. I couldn't help but wonder what Piper was feeling/thinking in the front row tonight as he heard Platt championing all the things about missions that he has been championing for decades. I am grateful for Platt's earnest, serious, passionate call to lay down our lives for the sake of the nations. Go to T4G.org to listen to Platt's fantastic message. I love this brother and the platform God has given him.

3. Thabiti challenged me to not underestimate the power of the gospel (the theme of the conference).

4. Kevin DeYoung brought some much needed balance in calling us to work hard at holiness by the grace of God.

5. The Martin Lloyd-Jones Trust make a very important announcement that they are making all of Lloyd-Jones' audio sermons free to download through their website. Praise the Lord!

6. I got to meet the author of my kids' favorite story Bible.

7. I got to share the story of what God has done in and through Christ Baptist Church several times. I never tire of telling what God has done.

1 comment:

BoldLion said...

That is so wonderful and so glad that you would able to go to T4G! The Lord is so good! Looking forward to see you all again!

Hungry to eat His Word,
'Guerite ~ BoldLion