Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Books

Merry Christmas to all! Thought I would share some of my Christmas gifts with you. Here are the 7 books I received this year. Usually, I ask for books that I would like to have but don't want to buy for myself (like commentaries). Since my lifelong goal is to preach through every book of the Bible, I am confident that these books will one day be invaluable to my study and preaching (even if its 50 years from now).
The top book on the stack was a gift from my friend, Clif. It is an ESV Journaling Bible. It has room on each page to write notes, thoughts, prayers, and outlines. I'm looking forward to mingling my reading of Scripture with journaling again.

The commentaries I got are: (1) 1 Samuel: Looking at the Heart by Dale Ralph Davis; (2) Crying Out for Vindication: The Gospel According to Job by Jackson; (3) Joshua by Boice; (4) The Letters of 2 Peter and Jude by Davids (completes my Pillar commentary collection!); (5) Isaiah: God Saves Sinners by Ortlund; and (6) John: That You Might Believe by Hughes.

My lovely wife also got me a library stamp!!

2 comments:

BoldLion said...

Merry Christmas! You are bless to get some books andI am glad that you got some wonderful books that you wanted to get! The Lord is so good to you.

Merry Christmas to you all!
BoldLion

laura said...

first- i am so glad to see a picture of BoldLion. i have enjoyed the comments from her and heard about her from jeanna. hello, friend! also- merry christmas and i must say that the library stamp will need lots of ink! great idea jeanna!