Monday, January 14, 2008

Growing Up Christian

Two years ago, I led a group of students through Karl Graustein's excellent book, Growing Up Christian. I prepared a summary of each chapter for the students as we went through the book. Those summaries have been one of the most asked about features of my blog.
And, the students wrote thank you notes to Karl for this book. He posted some of them on his blog.

I think this would be a great book for parents to work through with their teenagers. I can't wait to use this book when Karis is a teenager.

Here are links to each of the summaries I wrote:
1. Introduction
2. Chapter 1
3. Chapter 2
4. Chapter 3
5. Chapter 4
6. Chapter 5
7. Chapter 6
8. Chapter 7
9. Chapter 8
10. Chapter 9
11. Chapter 10
12. Chapter 11
13. Chapter 12
14. Concluding Observations

4 comments:

jeanna said...

I guess Noah won't need to go through this book only Karis! I know it is hard to think about him being a teenager one day too since he is only five weeks old!

Monologue Books said...

A speaker at my church recommended this book too.

A book that I have found help in this regard is John Fischer's "Making Real What I Already Believe":
http://www.fischtank.com/ft/book/mrwiabelieve.cfm

Unfortunately, it is out of print. :(

[the book was written long long ago before Fischer had anything to do with Rick Warren]

Reegz said...

I purchased this book a while ago and cannot wait to go through it with my son. He is nearly 10. I have perused much of it and may read it with him soon. At least parts of it.

Anonymous said...

THANKS for reposting these outlines. Your outlines are going to save me time in teaching these lessons to my church's youth group. It looks like a great book and a great study.