A challenge for you today:
Figure out one intentional way to serve your church today. Here are a few ideas to get you thinking.
1. Call a member of your church that was not at church on Sunday (for whatever reason). Tell them you missed seeing them and summarize your pastor's sermon for them.
2. Call or e-mail a family in your church with young children and offer to babysit for a few hours on Friday night. If Friday is not a good time, suggest another night you are free. You can't go wrong investing yourself in the marriages of your church.
3. Call an older member of your church and offer to bring lunch over to their house tomorrow.
4. Ask one of your pastors for a list of specific and intentinal prayer requests regarding the ministry of the church.
5. Consult your budget and figure out how you can give an extra $100 as an offering this month. Is there something you can give up for just one month to make such an offering?
If you have other ideas, leave them in the comments section. Also, if you actually did something like this, tell us what you did and how it went.