Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Precious Promise of Preservation

In John 6:37, Jesus says,
“If the Father gives you to me…

I will never abandon you.
I will never depart from you.
I will never desert you.
I will never forsake you.
I will never leave you.
I will never quit on you.
I will never relinquish hold on you.
I will never renounce you.
I will never retire from you.
I will never vacate you.
I will never withdraw from you.

I will keep you until the end.
I will hold fast to you.
I will remain faithful to you.
I will defend you.
I will uphold you.
If you come to me, I will never cast you out."

5 comments:

Pastor Randy said...

Good, good stuff. Praise the Lord! Oh how I love the promises in Christ.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing God's promises!

BTW, I wanted to listen to your sermon from this past Sunday but it cuts off in the middle of your prayer.

BoldLion said...

This list can go on and on! It is so wonderful. We are to be very thankful for who Christ is to us. O, how much we all need Him in our life.

Thank you for this list that I didn't write that down on Sunday but only wrote as a reminder "He will never..." and "He will..." as His promise to us, believer.

This also remind me of For His Name sake too. In the The Pleasure of God book in the chapter 4 The Pleasure of God in His Fame.

For the Lord will not forsake His people, for His great name's sake, because it has pleased the Lord to make you a people for Himself. 1 Samuel 12:22 ESV

Hungry to eat His Word,
'Guerite ~ BoldLion

pastor justin said...

Anonymous,
The link is working fine. It may have still be loading. Try to download it by right clicking on the link and selecting "save target as.."

Guerite,
Great reference to 1 Sam. 12. Notice why the Lord will not forsake His people: FOR HIS GREAT NAMES SAKE.

Brian said...

Thank you for the message Sunday. I missed it in person, but downloaded it. What a great blessing!

Just makes me marvel at the grace of God. I'm so undeserving of His kindness and I see that everyday!

As great as my sin is, Christ is greater than my sin.