Friday, August 07, 2009

Please pray for me today.

Blog readers, please pray for me today. I have the privilege of preaching the gospel tonight and desperately want God to reveal Himself and save those who hear. We had our outreach soccer camp this week and tonight is our closing assembly with parents, participants, and other family members. Many of those who will be there tonight do not trust in Christ.

Please spend a few minutes asking God to use me. Pray that I might preach the gospel clearly. And, pray that kids and parents would repent of their sin and embrace Christ as their treasure.

I'd like to know who is able to pray for me in this regard. Please leave a comment letting me know that you are pleading with God for these requests.

"...if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him." 1 John 5:15

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey brother, I'm here in Oklahoma City, but I am praying for you that the Lord would move and send His Spirit and regenerate hearts. I pray that you would take courage and preach the Gospel. But, above all, that through the folly of what you preach, that God would glorify His name and, by His grace, save men! How beautiful is Jesus, for His blood is enough. As a brother has been quoted as saying, "Preach as a dying man to dying men." Love you brother... O, and I like your blog too! I've been undercover reading it for like a month now.

pastor justin said...

Aaron,
Thanks for "coming out" of hiding! I appriciate your comments very much. Thanks for your prayers.

Brent and Keri Osterberg said...

Hey Justin, I will be praying as well. What a great opportunity! Let us know how it goes.

Ginnie said...

Justin,
Praying Isaiah 55:11 - "so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth;it shall not return to me empty,but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it."

And praising God for faithful servants at CBC that have given of themselves this week to glorify and point others to Christ.

Aaron said...

I'll be praying for you.

Brian said...

Praying for you Justin! May God receive the glory in the proclamation of his name!

Lisa B. said...

It's 6:01 Friday night and I am praying for you right now. Open their eyes, Lord!

Ken said...

Justin-
Hope I am not too late... I will be praying for you and the hearers of the message God has laid on your heart.

Ken H.

Joshua Owen said...

I prayed for you and the folks you will be ministering to, Justin.
Josh