Here are the titles for the upcoming messages at Together for the Gospel:
Ligon Duncan: Sound Doctrine – Essential to Faithful Pastoral Ministry: A Joyful Defense and Declaration of the Necessity and Practicality of Systematic Theology for the Life of the Church
Thabiti Anyabwile: Bearing the Image: Identity, the Work of Christ, and the Church
John MacArthur: The Sinner Neither Able Nor Willing: The Doctrine of Absolute Inability
Mark Dever: Improving the Gospel: Exercises in Unbiblical Theology
R.C. Sproul: The Curse Motif of the Atonement
Albert Mohler: Why Do They Hate It So? The Doctrine of Substitution
John Piper: How the Supremacy of Christ Creates Radical Christian Sacrifice
C.J. Mahaney: Sustaining a Pastor's Soul (2 Cor. 3:4-6)
Here are my initial thoughts:
2. How is that for pressure? For three months people are going to be blogging and discussing the title to the message you haven't even preached yet.
3. Just as I thought: They are going to go through the 9 Marks (In 2006 it was Expository Preaching).
4. Lig Duncan on Systematic Theology - The newest craze is Biblical Theology. Will Lig make a case for Systematic over Biblical theology?
5. Never heard it put that way: The doctrine of Absolute Inability (i.e. Total Depravity?).
6. Mark, let's don't improve the Gospel! I'm with you.
7. Sproul on the atonement. Hallelujah!
8. Mohler on substitution. Glory!
9. Piper on anything. Yes and Amen!
10. 2 Cor. 3:4-6 is going to be the most looked up passage in the Bible today. Our sufficiency is from God!!
(HT: Justin Taylor)