Sunday, February 15, 2009

John 15:15 - Memory Verse Meditations

John 15:15 – “No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you.”

According to Jesus, the fundamental difference between a servant and a friend has to do with the information disclosed. A servant doesn’t get to know what his master is doing. He just does his work because he is supposed to. However, a friend is privileged to hear what and why things are happening. The friend is made aware of the plans. Jesus says that He has made known all that He has heard from His Father. Jesus is the perfect revelation of the glory of the Father. He spoke only what the Father told Him to speak. He has not withheld the Father’s plans from us.

No comments: