Friday, February 13, 2009

Question about the Cross

Here is what I'm meditating on today. I want to broaden my affections for Christ and get you preaching the gospel to yourself (my motivations out in the open).

In what particular ways is Jesus revealed in His death? How does the Cross show Jesus' glory (specifically)?

Those of you who use a feed reader, please click through and leave a comment with your answer.

Also, if you are on Facebook/Twitter, consider transfering your answer(s) to your status. Let's bombard our friends with meditations on the glory of Jesus.

4 comments:

BoldLion said...

Better than I deserve! I am so thankful for Him on the cross! He did it for us, sinners and didn't have to do it. It is His Greatest Love for all of us. What more can He do for us? This is the Best Greatest Gift to us. I can't ask anything better than that but to accept Him as my personal Lord and Savior and savoring the beauty of His Glory through His Son.

Hungry to eat His Word!
'Guerite ~ BoldLion

pastor justin said...

Jesus' patient endurance is revealed at the Cross. He could have come down at any moment. He endured the suffering, shame. and mockery. He is a patient Savior.

Greg Breazeale said...

What I like to show with the Cross is the hatred Christ has for sin and the grace He shows toward sinners. If you fail to see this you will live in license of legalism

License (forgetting the hatred for sin)
You will think that sin is no big deal and because Christ died, abuse his grace

Legalism (forgetting the grace)
You will think you must earn Gods favor and love.

We cant forget the great debt we owed or the great provision Christ accomplished

GB

Brian said...

Christ reveals his love for His Father's name. He endured his Father's wrath so that the Father could be just in forgiving sinners like me by transferring his righteousness to me in exchange for my sin. What a Savior!