Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A Personal Update

Readers of this blog,

Allow me to give a brief update on what the Lord is doing in my life and ministry. Your prayers would be much appreciated.

I believe God is leading me to look for a church in Texas to pastor in order to be closer to our extended family there. I have been struggling with this desire for several months and have prayed, cried, and sought wise counsel. This has been a struggle because I love Christ Baptist Church and have no desire to leave my church family here in Wilson. But, I believe it would honor the Lord and serve my wife, kids, and extended family to find a church to pastor in Texas.

So, along with my fellow-elders, I shared this with Christ Baptist last Sunday. I want them to know what God is doing and how He is leading so that they can support and pray for us through this process. I have no desire to do this in secret. I need the support of my church family as we trust the Lord to direct us to the church He desires us to serve. I am so grateful for an understanding and supportive church.

This process could take a year or more. We don't know. But, I'm committed to my calling at Christ Baptist until the Lord reassigns me to another post. I want to be faithful to the end.

So, please pray for us. Please pray that God would open doors and close doors as He sees fit. I'll keep you updated.

I thank God for you,
Justin Childers

4 comments:

Ken said...

Justin- Your transparency is appreciated, especially in a time when moves like these are done in secret. I pray that you and your family as well as Christ Baptist is blessed by the Lord as this process unfolds. You will be in our prayers!

Ken H.

Anonymous said...

an unknowing church in texas is about to get a pastor whose top priority is to glorify christ. praying for u friend. from a 3 time masters champ

Shannon said...

Someone in Texas has been praying for sound teaching, a loving pastoral family, and a humble pastor...and God is just about ready to answer their prayer! Praying for you all!

Pastor Randy said...

Praying for you brother.